Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thursday Thirteen: Posters

So, I'm going out tonight...and today is Thanxgiving, so I'll be posting this now. Sorry it's not themed for the holiday...I wrote it in advance for times like these

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thirteen Posters I Have Hanging In My House

1. A 1989 Promotional poster for the University of Michigan Theatre Dept.
This poster is amazing! With a really cheesy picture and a list of faculty that is incredibly out of date, this thing will be worth something some day!

2. Charles Chaplin's The Kid
I've seen a lot of posters for The Kid, but none like the one I have. It's chaplin holding the baby he has just found abandoned, and a policeman stands over chaplin. The picture is beautiful, with so much emotion passing between chaplin and the baby, but the policeman brings humor to it. They don't make posters like that anymore.

3. Harry and the Potters-Summer Reading and Rocking Tour 2006
Great art, great band, GREAT concert! I had to get this poster to remember the night by, especially since the picture is AWESOME, it could be the poster for the next book, really.

4. Bruce Springsteen-Born to Run
When you're as big a fan as I am, you've got to have this iconic poster somewhere in your house!

5. The Who
My favorite picture of the who is the photo of the band sleeping underneath a huge union jack. I found a poster of it this fall, and now it hangs proudly above my bed. They're so peaceful when they're sleeping!

6. James Dean
My roommate and I are huge fans of James Dean, so we've got two posters of him hanging in our breakfast nook. One is a nice head shot, and the other is James walking down Broadway in the rain, huddled into his coat. It's a gorgeous shot.

7. SNAKES ON A PLANE!
The best movie of the summer has the best poster too. This one is rare too, since they used the snakes wrapped around a plane logo for all the official posters.

8. Action Action
The pink/green sceme of Action Action's album "Don't Cut Your Fabric to This Year's Fashion" is really cool, so the poster I have for it is double awesome.

9. Psalm 144:9
The psalm reads: "I will sing a new song to you, God. On a ten-stringed lyre, I will sing praises to you." randomposters.com has an awesome poster for it with an electric guitar player on it, and the psalm superimposed over it, it's a great image.

10. John Lennon-Imagine

11. Rusmore
Jason Schwartzman and Bill Murray hang proudly in our 2nd floor hallway.

12. Elvis Presley for President
Elvis for Prez and Nixon for VP in 2008! Get the vote out!

13. Promo poster for Apple's IPOD
This poster is really cool since it's one of the original promo cards. It says LIVE TONIGHT 5.2.03 on it, and has an ipod dramatically lit. It's pretty awesome

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice blog. Wonderful picture of John Lennon. I have the last album he produced before he died. What talent!

Visit my blog at www.music-ipods-downloads.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, I hope you'll have a great day! Wonderful posters on your list!
My TT is about past life regression.

Anonymous said...

Very cool. What an eclectic mix of posters. :) That's a great poster of John Lennon.

Although I celebrated Thanksgiving last month (Canadian Thanksgiving is in October), a Happy Thanksgiving to you. :)

Anonymous said...

The John Lennon poster's very dramatic! I like it :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Great ides for a TT!
I love love LOVE the Lennon-poster =)

.•:*¨¨*:•Happy Thanksgiving•:*¨¨*:•.

from Germany,

S.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy TT from Detroit!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful list!
I love the Lennon one!
Have a save and happy Thanksgiving!
Happy TT from Germany,
Sonny

http://sweetlikekitty.blogspot.com