Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Current Favorites NOVEMBER

My current favorites for the month of November!

Music
1. Cobra Starship-While the City Sleeps, We Rule the Streets
The band that brought you Snakes on a Plane (Come Bring It) released a full album. It's guilty pleasure-worthy, full of pop-punk-synth-rock goodness, and song names that make absolutely no sense.

2. The Swift-Today and The Swift
El Swifto has been featured in a lot of blogs lately, but hey, it's for a good reason. The guys rock!

3. Steve Burns-Songs for Dustmites
So, Steve from Blues Clues released an album 4 years ago, and I still can't stop listening to it. He's got a great voice and wrote some amazing songs.---Oh, and it's actually rock music, not a kid CD. He's got a new CD coming soon, so keep an eye out




Books

1.Blessed Are the Bored in Spirit by Mark Hart
I picked this book up while at LIFETEEN's Life on the Road confrence. It's written by Lifeteen's "Bible Geek" and it puts living as a young Catholic into great perspective.

Movies

1.Stranger than Fiction
The new Will Ferrell movie is amazing. It's an interesting take on the "you only have so long to live..." genre of movie. Will Ferrell acts wonderfully, and is backed up by an awesome supporting cast. Sit back, and wander through Harold Crick's life with him.

2.Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Robert Downey Jr. made this movie last year, and it's one of the best movies to be released in 2005. Co-starring Val Kilmer, Robert plays a bumbling crook who gets tied into a crime himself. I laughed incredibly hard at this movie, and enjoyed every second of it.



TV

1. Grey's Anatomy
I've given up on Desperate Housewives, but Grey's Anatomy still has me hooked. The characters are interesting and complex, and the writing is incredibly witty. I love it.

2. Gene Simmon's Family Jewels
Oh. My. Gosh. Gene Simmon's family is hilarious. Thank you A&E for putting this actually interesting celeb-reality show on the air.

3. Get Smart
TIME-LIFE is releasing Get Smart on DVD!!!!!!! My favorite television show OF ALL TIME will finally be at my disposal. I can't wait to save up the $200 to buy the set....good thing I have a whole year to do it.

4. House
My roommates got me addicted. Hugh Laurie is so compelling and funny. I love him.

Commercials

1. Mike Cox Political advertizement!
Ok, so political ads were terrible this year. BUT Mike Cox released the single greatest ad of all time.
The ad included the following amazing moments:
a. An old person sick in bed
b. A shady character stealing from the old person
c. A CONVICT (in an orange jumpsuit and everything) stealing from the old person
d. A random shot of what looked like a 1940's oil tycoon smoking a cigar

Fashion

1. Sharpie Tattoos
I like making sweet tattoos in sharpie on my arms

2. Motorcycle Jackets
I have a sweet motorcycle jacket which I'm in love with. I don't want to have to put it away because of the winter!

3. Fingerless gloves
I hate it that when I I wear gloves I can never grip anything correctly, so fingerless gloves are the way I go.


Plays

1. The Waiting Room by Lisa Loomer
This is an incredible play about how fashion has been killing women for centuries. Three main characters a Chinese woman who's feet have been bound, a corseted victorian woman, and a plastic surgery addicted woman from Jersey all meet in the same waiting room and suffer together as their bodies deteriorate. Once you get past the fact that each woman is living hundreds of years from eachother, yet still in the same office, it's a great show. I think any woman would like it.


2. The Tempest by William Shakespeare
This is my new favorite Shakespeare show. I designed a set for it, saw the Royal Shakespeare Company perform it, and have loved every second I've come in contact with it.

3. Movin' Out by Billy Joel/Twyla Tharp
Aside from a few lighting beefs I have with this show, I loved it. The dance is wonderful, the billy joel impersonator was SPOT ON, and the music rocked.

Other

1. The phrase Word to your mother
I don't know why I say it so much, but I do...and it's pretty awesome

No comments: