Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday Thirteen: Musicals



My Thirteen Favorite Songs from a Broadway Musical

1. Rent-Finale B

2. Wicked-As Long As You're Mine
I know everyone loves Defying Gravity and Popular and What Is This Feeling (Loathing), but I LOVE this song. It's one of the best love songs I've heard in a while, because it's not a normal love song.

3. The Producers(Broadway cast)-Betrayed!
Nathan Lane is brilliant. This song not only captures Max Bialystock's betrayal, but also reinacts the entire musical in 2 minutes...and it's hilarious. I love it.

4. Les Miserables-One Day More

5. Tommy-Pinball Wizard
The broadway recording is almost as amazing as the original.

6. AltarBoyz-God Put the Rhythm In Me
Word to your mother, this song rocks!

7. Phantom of the Opera-Notes
Brilliantly written, one of the few things I truly love love love from Andrew Lloyd Webber anymore.

8. Sweeny Todd: The Daemon Barber of Fleet Street-A Little Priest
The original version, with Angela Lansbury is perfection!

9. The Producers(Broadway Cast)-Where Did We Go Right?

10. Chorus Line-I Hope I Get It
The show is not very good, but the music is amazing, and I love this song.


11. Into the Woods- You are Not Alone
This song makes me cry.

12. My Fair Lady-I've Become Accustomed to Her Face

13. Rent-Goodbye Love
This song is gorgeous, and I was really disappointed when it got left out of the movie, since Rosario Dawson performes beautifully.

4 comments:

Colleen Gleason said...

Hehehehehe...great list! Steve wanted me to put Pinball Wizard on mine too, but I already had enough.

And you're right...NOTES is a great song for various reasons. I love that whole musical.

Unknown said...

Goodbye Love is a great song and the whole Wicked soundtrack is awesome

Jenny said...

What a neat list! Thanks for sharing!!

Jenny-up the hill
www.homeschoolblogger.com/jdoriot

Natalie said...

Fun list! I love the songs from Wicked - and am seeing it this summer! :)