Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #21: Movies

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thirteen Movies I Love!

1. Charles Chaplin's City Lights
My #1 favorite movie of all time! It's funny, poignant, and brilliant.

2. Labyrinth
The music! The Puppets! David Bowie! All the glitz and glamrock even makes up for the 16 year-old Jennifer Connely's bad acting.

3. Harold & Maude
Another movie with a wonderful soundtrack, Cat Stevens at his best! A wonderful story of love and growth. it doesn't get any better than the Hearse-Porche!

4. Being There
My other #1 Fave! Peter Sellers is best known for playing the bumbling Inspector Cluseau in the Pink Panther films, but I like him best as Chance (Chauncy) the Gardner.

5. The Godfather
Francis Ford Coppolla made a masterpiece with this one, and I'm still amazed at the actors performances of this brilliant screenplay.

6. Groundhog Day
I watch it every year on Ground Hog's day, and I still laugh at Bill Murray!

7. Annie Hall
I could fill this list with Woody Allen films, but I'll settle for just one. A perfect combination of a great screenplay, wonderful actors, and Allen's direction.

8. The Producers (1968)
I fell in love with Mel Brooks after seeing The Producers. Gene Wilder and Zero Mostel are over the top characters, and the brilliant writing on Brooks' part is brilliant!

9. Star Wars
I can watch all three films in the Original Trilogy over and over, and it's as exciting as the first time I watched it!

10. When Harry Met Sally
Can men and women remain only friends? Apparently not.

11. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
It's snarky, it's dark, and it's hilarious. Robert Downey Jr masters this film, and the on-screen chemistry between RDJ and Val Kilmer rocks.

12. This is Spinal Tap
Every musician has to see Spinal Tap. Every theatre person has to see Waiting for Guffman. And dog lovers should see Best in Show. Christopher Guest is a genius.

13. Chaplin
This is my favorite bio-pic, and it's probably one of the best ever, since it beautifully tell's the story of Charlie Chaplin's life. Robert Downey Jr was robbed of the best actor Academy Award!

6 comments:

~*Kelli BoBelli*~ said...

I LOVE Groundhog Day. I have no idea why it's so funny each time, but I laugh every time.

Anonymous said...

Great List - I love BEING THERE - we own it and have watched it a number of times.

Crystal said...

I've only seen a few of these! *blush*

Happy Thursday. :)

Marie said...

i love When Harry Met Sally!!! great movie. great list, too for this week!!!

Anonymous said...

There are several movies on your list I've never heard of before.

Denise Patrick said...

I've only seen a few of those movies. Maybe it's time to hit Blockbuster again.