Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 19: Style

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thirteen things that define the Cosmic Kid "Style"

A quick over-view of 13 items that I'm often found wearing/carrying, from top to bottom.

1. Military Cap
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Bad Hair Days beware, because I've got plenty of hats to cover it up with. My favorites are military caps, with their shorter brims, and flat tops.

2. A Disciple's cross, and St. Christopher Medal
The disciple's cross is made of 4 nails and wrapped wire, and comes in tons of colors. I'm always wearing my black one. St. Christopher is the patron saint of travel, so I keep him with me during everyday travels.

3. A choice from the T-Shirt Collection
I have a huge collection of T-Shirts, and most days I spend a while figuring out which one to wear. I have a few favorites, like my Harry and the Potters T, my new Sun Records shirt, a vintage Springsteen concert T, and many more. Most of my Ts are either concert memorabilia, or thrift store finds.

4. a Zip-front sweatshirt or track jacket

The Ted Leo sweatshirt is an old favorite, but recently I've acquired a cool Hard Rock Cafe track jacket and a Rent zip-front hoodie. Most of these are black, so they match with anything I decide to wear.

5. Bracelet
I got this bracelet at ALDO after christmas for $10, I can't bring myself to spend the money on boots there though...


6. Jacket
I'm a jacket junkie. Depending on the weather, I've got a leather Vespa jacket, 2 thigh length vintage over-coats, 2 Members Only jackets, a mechanic jacket, a jacket deemed "The Ugliest Jacket Ever" by my friends, and more that I don't have time to meantion.

7. Messenger Bag/Purse
During the school day, the purse is inside the messenger bag, which is a simple black bag that I love. The purse is amazing. Be Jealous.

8. Studded Belt
Whether I'm in jeans or dress pants, I'm wearing my studded belt...mostly because I'm pretty sure it's the only one I own.

9. Belt Buckle
For a long time I searched for the perfect belt buckle, and 3 years ago I found it. And, it's a time saver when introducing myself to new people!

10. iPod
Yes, my iPod is ancient...but it works, so of course I use it! I've got to get my podcast fix!

11. Jeans
I wear Levi's 515 Nouveau Boot Cut jeans. This is a recent discovery, since for the longest time I loved the cheap Sears brand called Canyon River Blues...but these Levis are too comfortable, and have the perfect leg shape, since most jeans have too much room in the hips, and I have none.

12. Colorful Socks!
My socks don't need to be patterned, but they need to be colorful. If I'm feeling especially proud to be a Michigan Wolverine, then I'll wear one Yellow and one Blue one, but mostly I just love having a bright Red sock peek out from under my jeans cuff.

13. Shoes!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I've got skate shoes to skate in, some slip-ons for warmer weather, and multiple pairs of sneakers. Of course, none of these are just run of the mill sneaks. I recently went on a mission and purchased 2 pairs of 80s style high tops (one even has a velcro strip at the top). My current slip ons have a Union Jack on them. I love fun & funny shoes, so I've got a closet full of crazy patterns and colors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool wardrobe. Like the belt buckle, especially, very neat idea.

I'm all about chickens this week. ht

Andi said...

What city is ALDO in?

Uisce said...

I love zippy jackets. I should look for a new one. I keep wearing the same one over and over and over. I think people are tiring of it. happy TT, mine's up!

Anonymous said...

Very cool TT! I wish I had ANY sense of style!