Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thursday 13: People


Thirteen people (dead or alive) would like to have dinner with (the obvious ones don't count ie. Jesus etc.) and why.

1. Bruce Springsteen
My musical idol, the only musician who can shake me to the core at a concert. When I meet him, I make no promises that I will be able to keep my composure

2. Charles Chaplin
I have loved Chaplin since I saw City Lights with my dad at age 6. I've studied him more than any other person, and so, he's at the top of my list. No other movies have ever made me happier than his.

3. Pete Townshend
Bottom line is that as a guitarist I want to be a female Pete Townshend. He's the greatest ever, just look at everything he can do with the instrument!

4. Elvis Costello
Elvis cracks me up, what can I say? Every time I see him live it's a treat, and I'd love to just take an hour or two to talk music with him.

5. Buster Keaton
Buster is another film love of mine. His films are genius with such complicated and life threatening sight gags. A truly brilliant man!

6. Robert Downey Jr
RDJ is my one true hollywood crush. He's a brilliant actor, and I'd love to talk to him one-on-one

7. Adam Savage
I love the mythbusters! I love Adam! I definitely want him at my dinner! I want to ask him all the questions that I've never been able to while watching the show. Also, Adam has design sets for theatrical shows and props for theatre and film!

8. Janet Evanovich
She'd definitely be entertaining!

9. Susan Stroman
Susan directed (and choreographed) the producers after her husband, who was supposed to direct passed away. I love the producers, and I think she's brilliant, so I'd love to dine with her!

10. Mel Brooks
Who wouldn't want to have dinner with one of the most brilliant comedians of all time?

11. David Sedaris
His books are the only ones that can still make me laugh so hard that I've cried--multiple times. I've seen him read his stuff live too, and it was even better. A night with David would be an absolute ball.

12. Woody Allen
I love Woody Allen, I am amazed by movies like Annie Hall, so I must put him on the list!

13. St. Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc has always interested me, and being one of my patron saints I always want to learn more. I'm glad to have such a strong woman of faith on my side, so I would love to talk to her about her life, and what really happened.

1 comment:

Colleen Gleason said...

Great list! David Sedaris and Elvis Costello would be on mine too.