Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #15: Recently Played

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thirteen songs that have been recently Played in my itunes...that I would reccomend to you

1. Handle With Care-Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins
Been beat up and battered 'round/Been sent up, and I've been shot down/You're the best thing that I've ever found/Handle me with care

2. Short Notice-The Living End
I said I wanna see you/I really meant I wanna leave you/I said I wanna touch you/I really meant I wanna punch you/I said I wanna kiss you/I'm never gonna miss you
If you had a clue you would never stay/If I told the truth I would have to say/We're going round, round, round
Short notice - and now it's time to go/Misguided - shot down when you didn't know/Short notice - and now it's time to go

3. The Bitch of Living-The Original Cast of Spring Awakening
It's the bitch of living/with nothing but your hand/just the bitch of living/as someone you can't stand....
See previous post to stream the song/music video

4. Let My Love Open the Door-Pete Townshend
When people keep repeating/That you'll never fall in love/When everybody keeps retreating/But you can't seem to get enough/Let my love open the door/To your heart

5. Everybody's Up to Something-Brian Setzer
I saw a man on a TV show, Said "Don't drink alcohol/please don't smoke no cigarettes/don't drink no coffee at all"/Later on, I'm watchin' the news as the man from the TV show/get's stopped by the cops and in his trunk/was a suitcase of...well, you know

6. I Walk the Line-Johnny Cash & The Tennessee Two
I keep a close watch on this heart of mine/I keep my eyes wide open all the time/I keep my ends out for the ties that bind/Because you're mine/I walk the line

7. The Sweetest Thing-U2
My love she throws me like a rubber ball/(Oh oh oh, the sweetest thing)/She won't catch me or break my fall/(Oh oh oh, the sweetest thing)/Baby’s got blue skies up ahead/But in this I'm a rain cloud/You know she wants a dry kind of love/(Oh oh oh, the sweetest thing)

8. Everybody Wants to Rule the World-Tears for Fears
Welcome to your life/Theres no turning back/Even while we sleep/We will find you/Acting on your best behaviour/Turn your back on mother nature/Everybody wants to rule the world

9. London Calling (Live @ the Grammys)-(Tribute to Joe Strummer)Bruce Springsteen, Little Steven, Elvis Costello, Dave Grohl, etc.
The ice age is coming, the sun's zooming in/Engines stop running, the wheat is growing thin/A nuclear era, but I have no fear/Cause London is drowning and I, I live by the river

10. Baba O'Riley-The Who
Don't Cry/Don't Raise Your Eye/It's Only Teenage Wasteland

11. Mixed Tape-Jack's Mannequin
And this is my mixed tape for her/It's like I wrote every note/With my own fingers

12. Save Ginny Weasley-Harry and the Potters
We've got to save Ginny Weasley from the basilisk/We've got to save the school from that unseen horror/We've got to save Ginny Weasley from the basilisk/We've got to save the school again

13. Hey Jane-The Pink Spiders
Hey Jane I know your hungry honey/But I promise you that things will change/Just don't let your life's income determine your life's outcome

9 comments:

Rashenbo said...

Hmm, we've got different tastes for sure. Although, the Johnny Cash, Tears for Fears and U2 I'm down for :)

Thanks for sharing and sounds like you've got a good mix on the ole ipod!

Unknown said...

Hooray for "The Sweetest Thing" - I´m U2 fan =)

John Holland said...

Very cool list. I've always like the Pete Townsend song. All are very good choices, I wouldn't mind listening to your ipod.

My 13 are up.

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Wow, Brian Setzer.. I went to a concert of his back in college. But that was over 7 years ago. I haven't heard anything of him since.

LAC said...

Cool list. I will have to check some of them out. Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear that version of London Calling...Elvis is one of my faves, and that pic looks like they're really into it.

And thanks for getting "Let My Love Open the Door" buzzing through my mind...although it's better than the "Wake Me Up Before you Go-Go" that I had in there yesterday. UGH.

My TT's up: 13 Cozy Things I like to do in Winter.h

Christie O. said...

love me some johnny cash and tears for fears!

JAM said...

Cool mix, though some of these I'm gonna have to look up because I haven't heard of them.

Love U2 and The Who.

Anonymous said...

hahaha love Harry and the Potters :-)