Saturday, July 28, 2007

A Challenge

I've decided to stop biting my nails. Yes. After 11+ years of biting, I'm trying to stop. I stopped cold turkey for almost two weeks, which was amazing. I finally invested in a nail polish that tastes like poison and is supposed to nurse my nails back to health.

Why did I decide to finally stop being a misfit and kick the habit? Well, I was driving and noticed how small the nails on my ring fingers actually were. Nothing motivates my ass into action like fear. I had a small panic attack over the idea of never having a nail there again! While I'm sure this is a ways a way, actually reaching the day where no nail exists is a terrifying one.

I pray to God I can kick this habit. It's not a verves thing, it just comes down to the fact that I get bored, and when I'm bored I amuse myself by gnawing on my own digits. I can never have long nails because of needing to play guitar, but I just can't take being disgusted by my own hands anymore.

Oh, and good news on the music front: a church in Ypsilanti, MI may be hiring/using me to lead their Saturday evening masses. While I don't imagine leaving my current church any time soon, another music gig to add to the resume is good. Maybe it'll lead to bigger, better things? Bringing the progressive/alternative Catholic-Christian lifestyle to one church at a time.

I've got to remember to blog about Warped Tour next time. What a story...

No comments: